Thursday 25 February 2010

This is not a Feminist Painting

I'm working on this painting currently. I really need to get on with making some more stretchers. It's such a laborious process,usually takes me a day to make a whole stretcher and then like an hour to stretch canvas over it,too long!
Anyway,this is the painting I'm working on currently,this is it's "nearly finished state".
It's a surreal sort of take on my collage work I've been doing. I need to be careful I don't over work these pieces because there's a danger of wanting to be too precise just because it's a painting on a canvas (for me anyway).
This painting doesn't particularly have a meaning,you can take what you want from it and this photo isn't exactly the best quality. I want to give it a meaningful name too,so it's a bit playful.
I'm also making dioramas,check out the boxes below,they'll be the bases! (like stages)


2 comments:

  1. Um...excuse me fadgeroo but umm LOVING your songs below! Oh my god so friggin' Kimya Dawson it hurts! (In a good way!)
    And I love this painting too. Totally different from CCAD times but it's nice to see people going different ways.
    Blimeroo fadgie this makes me miss you long time. =[ And I just put you on my blog's loving list. Here's the fella: http://bearsandbunting.blogspot.com
    ARGH love you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your giggle fit is full on pure fadgie. ^_^
    xxx

    ReplyDelete