Wednesday 3 March 2010

Gallery Day

Had a nice wander around London today,visiting the ICA,The Wellcome Collection and WhiteChapel with my boyfriend. I highly recommend The Wellcome Collection exhibition on Identity:Eight Rooms:Nine Lives,I found it really interesting,especially the diary section with lots of little hand written diaries from ordinary people.The exhibition seemed highly focused on gathering a huge amount of artifacts which were really intreguing and assembled well.

The ICA was also interesting because it was all about the musician Billy Childish who was exhibiting his paintings,poetry and other creative projects. There were some nice collagey things there.

The Whitechapel was not as impressive but I loved the bookshop and a little thing happened there involving a man wearing a bunny head,which I think will fuel some of my work.




No comments:

Post a Comment